Varuna,
obviously it doesn't make much sense, to specify the my.ini location
in my.ini itself.
The "--defaults-file" option is used as a direct start-up parameter
for mysql-server both, run as service or console-process.
It simply tells the server-process where to look for the oneandonly my.ini.
Any fullpath given here, overrides the default search-path during
server-startup.
I assume your server-process has been already started with a
"--defaults-file" -option pointing to a my.ini in the
mysql-application-directory, therefor it failed after deleting the
file at this location.
You may change the direct service-startup options by invoking
mysqld-nt with options --remove and --install:
With the "install" option you can specify the complete "command-line"
including additional options which will be used when the server starts
as a service.

e.g.

net stop mysql

mysqld-nt --remove
mysqld-nt --install MYSQL "--defaults-file=\"c:\program
files(x86)\mysql\my.ini\""

net start mysql

Regards,
Armin.