Hi,

I was also going to go down this route some time back, but then when I looked at it, it's pretty simple how it works and you can do the same thing yourself for free.

Take a dump of both servers (mysqldump or via MySQL Administrator) of the databases in question, then use WinMerge (for free) to compare the dump files and (optionally) create a 3rd file which is a result of merging the 2 by choosing the changes you want to keep.

I've used this method plenty of times to synchronise changes between servers, some that concern 000s of rows of data.

Granted you cannot do this with PostgreSQL as those dumps tend to be in binary format, but it works well for MySQL backups.

WinMerge: http://www.winmerge.org/

Andy

D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
Uma Bhat wrote:
We are in progress of *optimizing* and designing the existing mysql database
enviromnent on *linux*. And need help in comaparing schema of 50
databases from the same mysql instance.

If you can afford to spend a few dollars to get the right tool, you want to get DB Comparer for MySQL from the folks at EMS:

    http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/mysql/dbcomparer

This tool will compare the schemas of 2 MySQL Databases and allow you to selectively choose which changes to make in order to synch to the master or the target DB.

I've been using the PostgreSQL version of this tool for many years and just recently started using their MySQL one.

-- Dante