I have a PHP application that I inherited. I have it running on a Ubuntu 8.04 virtual machine. I have set up a user to access the MySQL database, and from the command prompt, I can access it just fine. For instance, from the Ubuntu prompt, if I type MySQL -umyuser -p, it asks me for the password and after typing it in, I'm in. I can also see the only database I've given that user access to, and I tried a simple SELECT and it worked fine. However, when I access the database through the PHP application, I get the error, "Access denied for user 'trucksma_db'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Can anyone tell me what the issue could be here? Why would I have "access denied" through the PHP application, but not through the MySQL client?

Thanks,
Jesse