Hi Martin,

   Sorry, I am not able to understand this. Can you explain in detail
please?

-Karthik

From: Martin Gainty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:56 PM
To: Krishna Chandra Prajapati; Karthik Pattabhiraman
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: Trouble with large data in MySql

You mentioned creating an Index on any/all columns participating in a
join
you will also need to create an Index on the FUNCTION(column) otherwise
the DB sees the function call
and which implements FTS on column

Warm Regards
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and
Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within
this transmission.

> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:09:42 +0530
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Trouble with large data in MySql
> CC: mysql@lists.mysql.com
>
> Hi,
>
> 1. Since requestid is a primary key then why you are using distinct in
your
> query. It's not required.
>
> 2. Index needs to be created on logtime.
>
> 3. Explain will best describe where indexing is required.
> 4. In your query use group by a.logtime (date_format is not required)
>
> Your system must have more rams and high processor (quad core).
>
> This table has about 200Million records and it takes hours to come
out. In
> this table requestid is unique. What other indexes can I create to
speed up
> the response time of my query? What should I configure in mysql? Can
you
> help me with this?
>

> I have 6GB RAM, 2 cores and 7200 RPM disk with 1TB size.
>

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Karthik Pattabhiraman <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Krishna,
> >
> > I have one more question for you. My table schema is as follows
> >
> > create table RequestDO (
> >
> > country VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > device VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > devicemanufacturer VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > entryPage INTEGER,
> >
> > exitPage INTEGER,
> >
> > logicalPageName VARCHAR(3999),
> >
> > logtime TIMESTAMP,
> >
> > newrepeat VARCHAR(2),
> >
> > operator VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > pagename VARCHAR(3999),
> >
> > referer VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > requestid VARCHAR(256) [primary key],
> >
> > requesttype INTEGER,
> >
> > responseduration INTEGER,
> >
> > responsesize INTEGER,
> >
> > revenue INTEGER,
> >
> > sessionid VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > sitename VARCHAR(3999),
> >
> > source VARCHAR(3999),
> >
> > subscriberid VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > subscribermsisdn VARCHAR(256),
> >
> > subscribertype VARCHAR(2)
> >
> > ) engine=innodb;
> >
> > My current query is as follows:
> >

> > SELECT DATE_FORMAT(A.LOGTIME, '%Y-%m-%d %H') AS LOGTIME,
> >
> > COUNT(DISTINCT A.REQUESTID) AS PAGE_VIEWS
> >
> > FROM RequestDO A
> >
> > WHERE A.LOGTIME BETWEEN DATE_FORMAT('2008-09-15 00', '%Y-%m-%d %H')
AND

> > DATE_FORMAT('2008-09-15 23', '%Y-%m-%d %H')
> >
> > GROUP BY DATE_FORMAT(A.LOGTIME, '%Y-%m-%d %H')
> >

> > This table has about 200Million records and it takes hours to come
out. In
> > this table requestid is unique. What other indexes can I create to
speed up
> > the response time of my query? What should I configure in mysql? Can
you
> > help me with this?
> >

> > I have 6GB RAM, 2 cores and 7200 RPM disk with 1TB size.
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Karthik

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part
of your life. See Now
<http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093175mrt/direct/01/>