Not on my testing system (Win-XP). I test on Win-XP but deploy on Unix. Not only that, but the production application servers are separate from the database server, so I never use localhost in production anyway.

But on the XP test server, I had to add the 127.0.0.1 entries to 'db' and 'user' - 'localhost' alone did not work. I did not test whether or not 'localhost' would work on a Unix server as this was not something I required. Would be a good test, though.

Cheers,

-Richard

Martin Gainty wrote:
Richard-

That should work..curious if localhost is mapped elsewhere?

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note