really nice tool.

Thanks,
Saravanan

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, lakshmi pathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: lakshmi pathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: A tool
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:25 PM

Hi all,
If you are using mysql in linux with ext3 file system,then this might help.
I have written a undelete tool.
[Short functionality is ,once installed files can be recovered using
the tool but files deleted before
installation can't be recovered. It acts as a fail-safe.]

I tried it with mysql,for screenshots check here,
http://www.giis.co.in/giis_mysql_screenshots.html
You can download it from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/giis
or from here
www.giis.co.in

I have recovered only tables and not yet started with complete databases,
based on your comments i hope to decided on futher enhancements.
(If you have already such functionality available ,please let me know
- as there is no point in reinventing the wheel :) )

(ps:I posted the similar message few days back on the forum ..but
didn't received any comments/info..so i'm here :) )

Cheers,
Lakshmipathi.G