Hello,

I'm using Eclipse 3.3 and I use a model class HandlereplyModel.java to
insert values to a mysql database using mysql5.0 server.When I run my
application, I got duplicate values everytime I enter a record.

my java class is :

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.Statement;

public class HandlereplyModel {

public String insert(String fname, String lname, String Email, String phone)
{

    /* Create string of connection url within specified
       format with machine name,
        port number and database name. Here machine name id
        localhost and database name is myfanclub. */

   try {
         String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myfanclub"; /* myfanclub
is my new database that contains
                                                                  my
MemberDetails table */

        // Load JBBC driver "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
         Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();

         /* create a connection to the database by using Connection
interface
         and java.sql.DriverManager's getConnection( ) method */
        Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"root","root");

        /* createStatement() is used for create statement
        object that is used for
        sending sql statements to the specified database. */
        Statement st = conn.createStatement();

        // sql query to insert values in the specified table
        st.executeUpdate("INSERT into MemberDetails (First_name, Last_Name,
E_mail,Phone_num) VALUES ( '" + fname + "' , '" + lname + "' , '" + Email +
"' , '" + phone + "' );" );

        st.close();
        conn.close();
   }
   catch (Exception e) {

        return"Failure";
    }
   return "Success";//// In Handlereply servlet we can check if the result
of this function is success, and if it is, serve back the SuccesPage.jsp

}

}

Please,advise...