Muhammad Asif wrote:

> I want to use MySQL in web based
> applications. Can u tell what other way i can go except ODBC
> if i have to query the database(MySQL) through some scripting
> language(ASP,ColdFusion,JSP,Servlet) and have to display results in a web
> browser...
>
> Thx in advance for your time

Muhammad:

If the ColdFusion server has PHP support (likely), then, you're all set.

Check php.net.

Write a test script in your application:
Create a file called test.php and put the following line in it:
<? php_info(); ?>

If that works, you can add the following line:
<? $link = mysql_connect("localhost", "somedude", "real_secret");?>

If you get any response on that one like access denied, or something similar,
you're golden.

If it responds with something like "I don't understand what you mean by MySQL,"
you have more work to do.

If the above tests succeed you have php/mysql support and can write the web
application using php/mysql support, which is extremely trivial.

Hope that helps.

Van