At 2:41 PM -0800 11/21/08, Zakai Kinan wrote:
I searched google and the archives of this list, but I am not cleared about the support of table encryption in mysql. Can someone clarify for me?

thanks,

Well, as far as I know, there isn't any built-in full table encryption implemented or in the works [1]. However, you could use MySQL's encryption functions [2] to encrypt selected columns (you could even do that automatically via triggers or stored procedures).

If you wanted fully transparent encryption, you could use an encrypted volume, for example via Truecrypt [3] or the upcoming ZFS+crypto [4] to store your tables. To minimize the performance impact, you should keep your index files on a non-encrypted volume if possible.

        steve

[1]
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/roadmap.html
Also couldn't find anything on the mysql-internals list (http://marc.info/?l=mysql-internals)