Götz
We've been doing this for some time. Of course we have GigE internally so
the network is not a problem. The biggest problem for us is making sure the
students know to configure software they want to use for their web sites to
use the MySQL server name rather than the default which is usually
'localhost' (e.g. wordpress).

Steve.