Hi everybody,

I am working on a small GUI tool for managing MySQL server.
I would like to include one functionality to change the port number of the server and restart the server just after the change took place. Is there any command line tool which I can use to change the port number?
e.g.
foo --port=port_no
where foo it the command. I checked out the man pages of mysql, mysqladmin and all executables i could get starting with mysql. None of them have the option.

mysqladmin has --port=port_num but it is used for the client for connecting to the server.
mysql_config is used to find out the port number on which mysql is running.
mysqlmanage is used for MySQL instances, has a port option default port to be 2273 (maybe it is for instances)

I don't want to mess up with the configuration files, lots of text processing has to be done and I don't want that my fault might harm others server's settings.

--
Manish Sinha

Personal Blog: http://www.manishsinha.info
Tech Blog: http://manishtech.wordpress.com