From: Wm Mussatto [mailto:mussa...@csz.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:38 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: how to design book db

On Tue, January 6, 2009 13:30, PJ wrote:
> My comments, questions & explanations inserted below
>
> mos wrote:

You could have a category table, a table to relate categories to
categories and another table to relate books to categories.  That's the
general solution since books could be in multiple categories. I did a
system like that for a bookstore but they didn't want to put the books
into categories and just wanted to search.  If you are using a procedural
language you can use that instead of foreign keys to enforce consistency
then you can us MyISAM tables.