Hi,

Probably a simple question for someone who knows :)

Is there a way to force MySQLD to restart after it has finished processing
all current transactions?

I seem to remember from the bit of Oracle work I did in the past we could
do a Transactional Restart in Oracle 10g which caused the server to stop
accepting new requests and restart when it has processed all current
transactions. I now need to do a similar thing with MySQL 5.0, is this
possible?

It would also be handy if I could get it to do this 'transactional
retstart' and when it comes back up force the slave to do the same, but
we'll get one working first! Its needed so we can apply updates etc to the
box without disrupting database access.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
John