I don't know if this can be useful,
just a few things I found out.
INNODB engine does not start if you have already files into the directory
and you change the file size in the my.cnf either of the innodb Datafile or
innodb Logfile,
remove innodb files before starting mysql.
Moreover MyISAM is the default storage engine so it should not be specified.

Cheers
Claudio Nanni