First, be sure you can access the host - try pinging it.

Second, if you can ping the computer so you know there's no network issue,
be sure you've got the mysql permissions to connect from that host to either
the server or the database (if you specify one).  You may have permission to
connect locally or from specific computers, but unless you have an entry in
mysql.user that allow you to connect either from "address" (as in your
example) or "%" or some wildcarded address that includes you domain, you're
not permitted to enter.

Once you've eliminated these potential problems and you still can't connect
contact the sys admin of the remote computer.

--
Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator