MySQL DBA

We seek to hire a talented MySQL DBA to join our dynamic teams in California
and Miami.  Both roles are for

onsite roles (no telecommuting).  We are a well established multimedia/online
dating organization focused

primarily on the development of Internet media properties and is a leading
global provider of original

information, images and digital content that serves millions of customers
around the globe.

We have a corporate infrastructure on the cutting edge of technology.
Additionally, we hold several patents and

copyrights associated with our Internet properties and technology.

DESCRIPTION

Designs, analyzes, deploys, monitors, maintains and optimizes MySQL5 database
servers. Analyzes

requirements and produces optimal database schema. Maintains complex
replication setup and manages data

partitioning across multiple clusters/data centers. Refactors databases as
needed to accommodate

functionality changes. Works with application development to successfully
implement new or modify existing

features.

REQUIREMENTS

Key Functions:

·           Install, configure, manage and maintain multiple MySQL servers and
databases using InnoDB & MyISAM storage engines.

·           Data model design and recommendations: optimize DB schema,
normalization, denormalization, query analysis and index optimization; database
refactoring.

·           MySQL5 replication: multi-master, scripted role change (promotion,
demotion, change master), utility scripts, mysql5 clustering; ability to work
at binlog level.

·           Business Resumption Processes: automated failover and recovery.

·           Performance optimization at schema level, service level, OS level,
hardware level.

·           Perform appropriate back-up, restoration and upgrades of database
servers.

·           Create processes to ensure the data quality of the information by
identifying potential data errors.

·           Capacity planning, health monitoring and diagnostics.

·           Act as lead on database systems.

·           Provide assistance to developers, recommending best practices.

·           Creation and development of ad hoc and customized reports.

Supervisory Responsibilities:

No direct reports, must be able to work effectively with all levels within the
company.

Mathematical Skills:

Ability to apply mathematic skills for analysis of data, programming logic and
implement mathematic functions

as needed.

Send resume to:

sumak...@nerd.com