Send the value of @@server_id in the message, and make sure each
server has a unique value for that.  Compare the value in the received
message to the value in the server and see whether you should stop the
loop.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Tobias Stocker
<tobias.stoc...@ch.netstream.com> wrote:
> Hy there,
>
> I'm planing to to build a small "partial replication" on MySQL 5.0 using the
> Spread Toolkit and the Message API for MySQL. Therefore I'll create a trigger
> (on insert) which fetches the row and sends it to the message group XY.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to tell MySQL in an SQL statement to not
> fire the trigger, for example if a message from Server B arrives on A - and
> contrariwise - I don't want the trigger to be launched to avoid loops and
> such.
>
> I actually couldn't find anything about this topic. So, my question: is it
> possible at all?
>
> Regards and thanks in advance,
> Toby
>
> --

Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/
Our Services: http://www.percona.com/services.html