Hello mysql,

  On one of my sites, I have a query that logs attempts to access the
  site by potential bad guys. It has been working for more than a year
  with out a problem. Today, I got a database error because an
  unescaped ' in one of the arrays that I collect. When I check the
  error I found a very curious condition in the useragent log entry.

Here is the excerpt:

,\'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913
Firefox/3.0.6',

Notice the backslash in front to the quote delimiter. How did that get
there? Anybody have a guess?

The database comes from a call to $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                          mailto:mik...@qualityadvantages.com