From: Claudio Nanni [mailto:claudio.na...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 3:59 PM
To: Steven Buehler
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: MySQL View

Steven,
I would suggest you the reading of a basic book about SQL and Databases, I
explain you why.
Views are a very fundamental concept in database theory that you would love
to study in deep.
This mailing list, though the most professional on MySQL, is not suitable to
explain such basic and important concepts.
Views and temporary tables are like completely different concepts, temporary
tables are not even a concept, but a 'tool' for
SQL developer, while views are (views!) 'snapshots' of data structured in a
way that phisically does not exist, are reorganization of
the database relations(read tables) to pull out only relevant information
for a part of an application and by which you can create infinite views
(sorry) of the database. If you like Excel, very roughly speaking, views are
excel functions, while the table data is the actual excel column containing
data.

Steven, this is my humble opinion.

Please let me know what you think

Claudio