Michel,

michel wrote:
> From the different documentation I was reading that after going to the root
> directory I should execute /.configure; but there is no configure file in the
> root source directory, just configure.in

there is a difference between
  "Installing MySQL from the current development source tree"
and
  "Installing MySQL from the source tarball of some released version".

In the development source tree, we have files which need to be processed
by the GNU autotools (autoconf, automake, aclocal),
whereas a source tarball is created from the result of these tools.

The manual should cover that, but I don't have a specific URL handy.

The development tree contains a file "BUILD/autorun.sh" which runs these
tools.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe, MySQL Build Team, joerg.bru...@sun.com
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten