At 06:16 PM 2/14/2009, Paul DuBois wrote:

On Feb 14, 2009, at 5:49 PM, mos wrote:

At 05:20 PM 2/14/2009, mos wrote:
At 04:07 AM 2/14/2009, Andy Shellam wrote:
To be honest, I got started straight from the MySQL manual.  There
is a tutorial section in the manual as well, and it's also
available to download as a PDF.

Links:

Manual (English): http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/index.html
Manual (English PDF US Letter): http://downloads.mysql.com/docs/refman-5.1-en.pdf
Tutorial (English): http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/tutorial.html

Substitute 5.1 with whatever version you're running.

HTH,
Andy

Andy,
       I agree, the manual is well written. Ironically, the
hyperlinks in the PDF file do NOT WORK so it is difficult to
navigate.

Mike

Oops, my bad. I was using Foxit v2.x reader and that was the
problem. I've upgraded to Foxit v3 and the hyperlinks work fine in
the MySQL manual.

Whew! I was about to panic. :-)

Paul,

I'm sorry if I caused your heart to skip a beat. I discovered he problem to be between the keyboard and the chair. <lol>

Mike