hi,

We have a mysql database called "database1".

It has a table called "table1" this table has no records.

But due to this table we are losing the 16 MB of space in our quota.

I think its due to these files :

Files                           Space

1)table1.frm                      8 KB
2)table1.ISD                 16,200 KB
3)table1.ISM                    120 KB

Since there are no records in this table why does it accquire 16MB space due
to ISD file.

Can we minimise the space accquired by "table1.ISD" by any means?

What is the significance of all the 3 files?

This is not only the case with that particular table but there are others
also
that have no data but ".ISD" files are taking too many bytes.

regards,
Shailesh