Hi there,

well, thanks for the hints regarding transaction-serialization
performance but, if you read my very first e-mail, I didn't mention
any kind of performance trouble, I just sometimes (once a *month*)
have to re-issue some db commands because of these
"deadlocks", but 99.9% of the time I have free cpu, free memory and
free disk IO resources so, fortunately, performace is not
a problem, just some deadlocks, and I just want to be sure that
everything works as it should, even in that 0.1% of the time that
the database is heavily used.
Additionally, the database that causes me this kind of troubles
is a database dedicated to batch jobs, so in any case nobody
will be angry if the jobs finish couple of minutes later than usual ...:)

It's something like: 23.5 hours a day data is loaded, 0.5 hours a day
some clients run in parallel and call some stored procedures
that can run in a serial fashion without causing any kind of trouble.

Thank you anyway, any e-mail is really appreciated, even if
performance is not a problem for me... and I hope that this sentence
will not make this e-mail be considered as spam .... :D

Greetings, and thanks again, Jerry!

Thanks even to Paul for the "really-tiny-but-really-appreciated"
answers to my questions!

Mattia Merzi.

[...]