John G. Heim wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darryle Steplight" <dstepli...@gmail.com>
To: "Stephen Edberg" <sbedb...@ucdavis.edu>
Cc: "John G. Heim" <jh...@math.wisc.edu>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: best mysql optimization tutorial and/or quick start guide?

High Performance MySql "Optimization, Backups, Replication, and more"
2nd Edition . Got a problem, pick a chapter and read the solution.
This book is awesome, I'm confident you will find what you are looking
for :) .

Excellent tip. It's exactly what I'm looking for. Well, I guess I wouldn't exactly call it a quick start guide. But by chance, it happened to be on bookshare.org. This is a web site which, if you're blind, you can subscribe to to download e-books. I'm already subscribed so I didn't have to pay any additional price for this particular book. Must be my lucky day.

This book is also available on the Safari edition associated with ACM memberships.