Hello, I need some help to solve a problem starting mysql . I have installed all the
files in a specific directory, and modify basedir, datadir et pid_file in the file :
support-files/mysql.server. Running the daemon is OK but when i try to start mysql i
have the following message : error 2002 : can't connect to local mysql server through
socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'. What is wrong?
Thank you for your help.

Nicole Paleirac
Technical Documentation -  Soft ware Trainee
Philips Semiconductors -  BUTT Sophia - Mktg BLCE
505, route des Lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis, FRANCE
# (33)4.92.96.11.53 or 23.88 Fax: (+33) 4 92 96 11 02
E:mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]