I am afraid you have two mysql instances up on the same host.

ps -ef | grep mysql ?

Claudio

Jim Lyons wrote:
I have a rather odd problem with a replication slave.

The slave has been down for a number of hours.  Of course, both io and sql
threads are stopped - from SHOW SLAVE STATUS:

           Slave_IO_Running: No
          Slave_SQL_Running: No

However, the relay logs are still being written to.  I was under the
impression that the slave's io thread was what brought data from the
master's bin log to the slave's relay log.  With the io thread stopped, the
relay logs should stop filling up - right?  Mine are definitely filling up.

Does anyonee know why the relay logs keep filling up after replication has
broken?

Thanks