See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=78654 Posted on behalf of
a User

This has proved to be quite challenging. I wasn't able to do the upgrade and
basically created another instance of 5.1 and took a backup of my database from
5.0 and restored it to 5.1. Then added all my users, etc. There's got to be a
better way?

I couldn't figure out how to get the new version 5.1 to see the file system
(containing the database) that was in use by 5.0. I looked at all the documents
and nowhere (or at least I couldn't see it) does it talk about upgrading the
database. When you install the new version how do you get it ot upgrade and use
the 5.0 database? Any pointers/help on this would be great for the next time I
have to do this.

Thanks.