I have system that is generating a larger than normal number of connection
errors.  We know why the errors are occuring and are working to resolve them
(connectivity and load issue on the client).  The question is, how can I tweak
mysql to tolerate a higher level than normal of bad connections before banning
the host.

What happens is that when we have 300-500 connections a few random ones will
get mucked up during a heavier than normal load on the client.  I have set the
max connections to 3000 (which we never get close to).

So, if there a config/startup setting to tweak to ease the banning of bad
connetions thus reducing the need for me to continually "mysqladmin flush-host"
on the server?