Hi there,
I'm using  Mysql server version:5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4 (Ubuntu)
I have a doubt using accent-insensitive searches in mysql

I created a database with character set utf8
with a lots of names inside, something like that:
mysql> select name from users;
+--------------------+
| name               |
+--------------------+
| admin              |
| andre              |
| zeze               |
| andré             |
| ándré            |
| Alexandré         |
| Alexándré        |
| álexándré       |
| aálexándré      |
| áálexándré     |
| áálexándréeeee |
| alexandre          |
+--------------------+

I would like to search "andre" all related lines with or without accents,
I've tried this query

mysql> select name from users where nome like "%andre%";
+-----------+
| nome      |
+-----------+
| andre     |
| alexandre |
+-----------+

but I would like to have all results including andre, andré, ándré, .... .
Just to add Ive tried
select nome from usuarios where nome like _utf8 "%andré%" collate
utf8_general_ci;

and occurs the same as search without accentuation, and I tried to change
character set to latin1 and nothing changed... I'm really lost in this
problem
Do anybody have some idea to help me?

Thanks in advance.
Andre Durao