Hi Abdul-

you may want to check this thread out regarding the same issue...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/php/3565843.htm

On Apr 19, 2009, at 3:23 PM, abdulazeez alugo wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm having a really terrible problem with my mysql coding and I'ld appreciate any help I can get on this cause it's really driving me crazy.

I have two tables and I've succeeded in creating a one to many relationship between both table but the problem I'm having is that I dont know how to put the value of the foreign key into the table. The tales are as below:

N.B: I'm using php-mysql

//Table 1

$result= mysql_query("CREATE TABLE tbl1 (tbl1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

PRIMARY KEY(tbl1_id),

entrytitle VARCHAR(50),

entrytext TEXT) ENGINE=InnoDB")

//Table2

$result = mysql_query("CREATE TABLE tbl2 (tbl2_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

PRIMARY KEY(tbl2_id),

tbl1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

name VARCHAR(50),

title VARCHAR(50),

comment TEXT,

INDEX (tbl1_id),

FOREIGN KEY(tbl1_id) REFERENCES tbl1(tbl1_id))ENGINE=InnoDB")

Now I have successfully created a relationship between the two tables but how do I make sure the value of tbl1_id in tbl1 is equal to the value of tbl1_id in tbl2???

Thanks in anicipation of your useful suggestions.

Alugo Abdulazeez.

www.frangeovic.com