I figure that they'll either kill mysql or they'll limit the commnunity version in ways that will make you purchase a commercial version if you want to continue to use it. I figure there will be heavy migrations to open source alternatives.

--C

Andy Shellam wrote:
I've just been made aware by a client that Oracle have purchased Sun Microsystems. The article below on Sun's website mentions that Oracle are committed to Linux and "other open platforms" and mentions the fact that Java touches practically every business system around.

http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/oracle/index.jsp

I wonder what Oracle's plans are when it comes to MySQL? There is no mention of MySQL in the above article. Will it eventually come under the Oracle umbrella, much like BerkeleyDB did?