> From: ad...@asarian-host.net
> Subject: SOLVED! (was: RE: Error : Incorrect key file for table 'X')
> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:15:15 +0000
> To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
>
> Okay, I finally got it fixed. I was on the right track going the mysqldump
> route, but turns out I had to physically do a 'rm -rf' on the mysql dir
> (sans the mysql database itself; and after mysqld was shut down, of
> course), even though I had mysqldump add command to DROP existing
> databases first. After that, the import succeeds, and all errors are gone.
>
> Odd. It's been quite quiet on this list of late. I expected at least
> someone to know the answer. If this is indicative of people's interest in
> MySQL these days, then maybe it really IS a good idea to start using
> PostgreSQL.
>
> - Mark

Hello Mark,

Well thank God you finally mentioned it. I've been wondering why it has to be
soooo dry on the mysql list when indeed the opposite is the case on the PHP
mailing list(I love that list sooo much cos there's never a dull moment).

My guess is that on this list, we still haven't imbibed the open source culture
of "give for the benefit of all". Maybe we should be reminded that this list is
created for users of mysql to ask questions when they need assistance and
always be ready to help others when they have answers to their questions.

This is my humble submission.Greetings from Nigeria.

Alugo Abdulazeez

www.frangeovic.com

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!