Hi,

i am using mysql_server-4.1.23 and in the documentation of 4.1 (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/dynamic-system-variables.html) , it is mentioned innodb_thread_concurrency variable can be set at runtime.

but i am getting error when trying to set dynamically ..

mysql> SET GLOBAL innodb_thread_concurrency=4;
ERROR 1193 (HY000): Unknown system variable 'innodb_thread_concurrency'

still throws error when tried as set @innodb_thread_concurrency and set global @innodb_thread_concurrency ...

can you please let me know whether 4.1 documentation is misleading or  this is a bug in mysql-4.1 (as in, this variable cannot be set at run-time) ?

PS : i am able to set innodb_thread_concurrency variable at runtime in mysql-5.1 .. but this is not an option for me now .. i have to go with 4.1 at this point ..

A.Alagarsamy

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition * Click here!