From: Nico Sabbi [mailto:nicola.sa...@poste.it]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:05 AM
To: MySql
Subject: Extremely slow access to information_schema

Hi,
in Mysql 5.0 accessing information_schema.tables means almost
certainly dropping down the DBMS.
With my configuration

412 databases
357417 grants

every query to information_schema.tables takes minutes, while the
equivalent show tables from... (that I can't absolutely use)
is immediate.

Is there anything that I can do to speed it up?

Thanks,
        Nico