From: Alex Katebi [mailto:alex.kat...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:58 AM
To: mysql
Subject: SOS mysql signal syntax error

Hi Folks,

  I am getting syntax error with the mysql signal. I have a trigger
that needs a signal for raising an error condition if a row with
specific value  is removed.

  CREATE TRIGGER my_trig BEFORE DELETE ON my_tbl
  FOR EACH ROW BEGIN
  DECLARE mysig CONDITION FOR SQLSTATE '45000';
  IF OLD.name = 'base' THEN
     SIGNAL mysig SET MESSAGE_TEXT='base row removal is not allowed';
  END IF;
  END

confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.