Yeah Daevid!  I know very well the issue!

first set the slave to READ ONLY

[mysqld]
read-only

then there is a configuration option to tell the server to skip some type of
errors automatically

slave-skip-errors=

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_slave-skip-errors

But, But, BUT!

What I did is to remove the constraint on the table of the slave so that you
can control better the thing.
Because if you systematically skip the 'foreign key forcing' error, you will
skip them with any table,
if you remove just that constraint on that table you have the situation more
under control.

I think one of these two are enough, the cron is very not recomended!

Ciao

Claudio