Wondering which of these will work or not?

(no quotes)
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON mydb.mytable TO 'user'@'10.10.10.%' IDENTIFIED BY
PASSWORD 'secret';

(backticks)
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mydb`.`mytable` TO 'user'@'10.10.10.%' IDENTIFIED
BY PASSWORD 'secret';

(single quotes)
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON 'mydb'.'mytable' TO 'user'@'10.10.10.%' IDENTIFIED
BY PASSWORD 'secret';

All the examples seem to show no quotes:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/privileges-provided.html

But our grant table has a mixture of all three (legacy inheritance I'm
trying to clean up)

mysql -uroot -p -Bse "SELECT CONCAT('SHOW GRANTS FOR \'', user ,'\'@\'',
host, '\';') FROM mysql.user" | mysql -uroot -p -Bs | sed 's/$/;/g'

Also, is there a way to just "wipe" all the grants so that I can add them
one at a time and get rid of the cruft? Obviously this has a risk of blowing
away the "root" user you're adding grants with. Does this also mean that if
I ungrant my current user, does that change take effect immediatly and I
won't be able to grant anymore? Or as long as I stay logged into the mysql
shell I am "safe"?