I am getting a error after installing on the Windows 2000 Professional Operating
System.
Everything was going by the 'Manual' until i got to the root user password change
command. I
have checked through a series of posts, self-proclaimed mysql "gurus" and lists and
the
Manual itself, and for the life of me i cannot find one single instance on this error.
It
might have something to do with the handling under NT/2000 systems i don't know. I
have
never had this problem under FreeBSD.

The system this is running on if being setup for a NT network for intranet development
locally.

I'd appreciate if you would consider this a bug, and please reply with any possible
resolutions that you may have. I thank you for your courtesy and any hasty information
you
can give me on this.

The error is below:

F:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin -u root password xxxxxxxxx
mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'Lost connection to MySQL server d
uring query'

Thanks in advance.

ShizNiz
Director of Development & Administration
HNC Network
http://www.hncnetwork.com
http://www.hack-net.com