Hope the client learned the lesson about backups. it's a hard one to learn
sometimes.

If the binary logs on the slave were enabled when the table was populated
it should be possible to restore the table from the binary logs. If not,
and logging was turned on after the table was populated than you are out
of luck.

Keith