On 07/08/2009 03:33 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Off the top of my head, try this.

SELECT
MONTHNAME(s.created) AS month,
sum(if(ifnull(s.id,0)>  0, 1, 0)) AS num_logins,
sim(if(ifnull(d.id, 0)>  0, 1, 0)) AS num_downloads
FROM sessions AS s LEFT JOIN downloads AS d
ON d.session_id = s.id GROUP BY month

Nope, I'm still getting those same incorrect sums. Thanks, though. It seems to me that the problem is that I'm grouping by the month for one table but counting from both.

I'd paste the output here but I just upgraded Fedora and the BETA (wtf?) version of Thunderbird crashes when I paste into an email (how the earlier paste worked I don't know).