I have an issue that Mysql will not start on my local machine. I noticed a
few days ago on a restart that I got an error saying that Mysqld had
encountered a problem and had to close. I did not pay any attention to it
because I was not working in it for a bit.

I then tried to start it today and got the same error message saying
mysqld.exe has encountered a problem and had to close.

+ Apache 2.2.11
  + MySQL 5.1.30 (Community Server)
  + PHP 5.2.8 + PEAR (Support for PHP 4 has been discontinued)
  + PHP-Switch win32 1.0 (use "php-switch.bat" in the xampp main directory)
  + XAMPP Control Version 2.5 from www.nat32.com
  + XAMPP Security 1.0
  + SQLite 2.8.15
  + OpenSSL 0.9.8i
  + phpMyAdmin 3.1.1
  + ADOdb 4.990
  + Mercury Mail Transport System v4.52
  + FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.29
  + Webalizer 2.01-10
  + Zend Optimizer 3.3.0
  + eAccelerator 0.9.5.3 für PHP 5.2.8 (but not activated in the php.ini)

Anyone have an idea to where I should start to look?

Thanks

Gary