from: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert.html:

INSERT [LOW_PRIORITY | DELAYED | HIGH_PRIORITY] [IGNORE]
    [INTO] tbl_name
    SET col_name={expr | DEFAULT}, ...
    [ ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
      col_name=expr
        [, col_name=expr] ... ]

The ON DUPLICATE KEY predicate tells you that if you create a unique
key for when ever your 'search' criteria is, you can get this
behaviour like so:

INSERT INTO mytable SET col1 = val1, ...  ON DUPLIATE KEY UPDATE

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com

Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If they’re any good,
you’ll have to ram them down their throats!

   Howard Aiken