Brian Walker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) writes:

> 010609 14:40:21  Do you already have another mysqld server running on port:
> 3306
>  ?

> The manual said to try to telnet in on port 3306 so I did that and got this:
>
> [root@www data]# telnet www.sfslsports.com 3306
> Trying 209.15.183.134...
> Connected to www.sfslsports.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> (
> 3.23.38)fHv:[?e
>
> Bad handshakeConnection closed by foreign host.

Yup, it's running, all right. So, what's the problem?

To shut it down: mysqladmin shutdown
To start it up: safe_mysqld &
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG          [EMAIL PROTECTED]           214/986-5870 cell phone
http://www.pobox.com/~erc

I sometimes wonder if the American people deserve to be free - they seem
so unwilling to fight to preserve the few freedoms they have left.