In the last episode (Aug 11), Tachu(R) said:
> Hi guys I've been having some slow performance on queries that should
> otherwise be pretty fast.  I've checked my indexes etc.  and cant see what
> could cause it here is an example.  This one is taking long in the sending
> data step.  although its running on localhost so its not like its a
> network issue.  I sometimes have some queries take long in the statistics
> step.  Although i cannot find a reliable document that says what
> statistics means.  can anyone throw some help here

Is the system serving a lot of other queries at the same time?  On an idle
system that query should take a fraction of a second.  One way to speed it
up would be to add another index on (user_id,app_id).  That will group all
the data you need together in one block in the index so mysql won't have to
seek into the table at all.  Your `app_id` index has the necessary columns,
but your WHERE clause needs an index with user_id first so it has to fall
back to the `user_id` index, which doesn't have the app_id column.