Hello Miles,

I'm a little rusty in my SQL statements, and I'm not all that certain that this can be done.

IF I have a field with the contents like:

"http://beta.somedomain.com/url/url/url=2";

where 2 is the record ID value. And I need to change the contents of

That is rather "unfortunate" ... better change the design while you still
can. Just add a column with a unique ID.

In general, EVERY tables should have a primary key in order to identify
each record.

that field to read:

"http://www.somedomain.com/url/url/url=2";

How would I accomplish this with a native SQL statement ?

I was thinking that I'd just export the contents of the table, and do a text manipulation against the field, only to realize that the record id value is embedded in the link of the field. Which means that I can't change the record id value at all. Or turn off the auto increment of the keyfield because it will invalidate the records when its turned back on....

Any suggestions as to how I might clean this up ????

See above, add a column, create a unique ID for it.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com