On 10-Jun-01 Dawn H wrote:
> Here's what I currently have that doesn't work:

Ahh. 'it doesn't work.'
As in: it returns a error ? or doesn't display you what you want ?

> ----BEGIN QUOTE-----
>       $sth=$dbh->prepare ("SELECT listing.id, pictures.thumb_1,
description.mls,
> listing.p_city, listing.p_state, listing.p_zip, description.price from
> listing, description, pictures");

And the tables are related how ? Shouldn't there be a WHERE a.id=b.id
somewhere in there ?

Also a good practice is:
  $debug=1;
  $qry="select ... from ... where ...";
  print "\ndebug: $qry \n" if $debug;
  $sth->prepare($qry);

Then cut-n-paste the debug output into the mysql client to make sure of the
results.

>       $sth->execute()
>       or bail_out("Can't get listings");

Very informative.

>       print "<TABLE>";
>       while (($id, $thumb, $mls, $p_city, $p_state, $p_zip, $price) =
> $sth->fetchrow_array())
>       {
>       print "<TR><TD>";
>       show_thumb($id);

Does show_thumb() make another db query while you are looping on this
result-set ? Or did you mean show_thumb($thumb) ?

>       print
> "</TD><TD><B>$mls</B></TD><TD><B>$csz</B></TD><TD><B>$price</B></TD></TR>";
>
> -----END QUOTE-----

Check your quoter, where did $csz come from ?

> The four tables are listing, description, rooms, and pictures. Each has an
> ID column that will be identical; however some will have null columns. I
> need the information out of each table for any one ID number regardless if
> the column contains info or not. Hope this is clear enough. I'm a beginner
> at MySQL (and related stuff) so your suggestion of ODBC went totally over my
> head ;-) Thanks!

<snip>

Regards,
--
Don Read                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to