From: stutiredboy [mailto:stutired...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:23 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Got error 124 from storage engine

hi, all:

i have met an question as below:

table A1,A2

A1 has been *packed by myisampack, and rebuild the index by myisamchk*

A2 is a noraml table, and the struct of A1 and A2 is exactlly same

talbe A is the merge table of A1 and A2

while i use:
*
mysql> select max(id) from A;
** ERROR 1030 (HY000): Got error 124 from storage engine

+---------------+-----------------------+------+-----+-------------------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------------+-----------------------+------+-----+-------------------+----------------+
| id | bigint(20) unsigned | NO | MUL | NULL | auto_increment |

*but when i try another table, the situation is as before, such as table
B1,B2,B
*
mysql> select max(id) from loot;
+---------+
| max(id) |
+---------+
| 110415 |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

*
the only difference is (*table A the id Field is auto_increment and
table B the id is not*):

*+-------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id | bigint(20) unsigned | NO | MUL | NULL | |

*and if i do not use myisampack/myisamchk, all are work fine,
*our system is freebsd 7.2, the mysql version is 5.0.84
Server version: 5.0.84 Source distribution
*

thanks for your reply

tiredboy

**

confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.
thanks Gavin
yes, of course, the structure are exactly the same
our mysql Server version: 5.0.84 Source distribution

if i do not pack and re creat the  index ,everything work fine

may be after i myisampack/myisamchk , the index been changed ?

thanks all