Oops, sorry about that.  My understanding is this is OS dependent:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

You may be able to set lowercase tables names, but would always have to use lowercase. I would just stick to entering in the correct case, as the other methods seem prone to trouble.