BobSharp wrote:
As a complete newbie in MySQL,  I need a database
to store URLs related to Tenpin Bowling.

There are several Categories ... Equipment Manufacturers, Organistations, (UK) ProShops, (UK) Bowling Centres, Personal Websites, Misc., Coaching & Instructional websites, etc.

There will be some sub-categories.
eg: Organistions will have ... Zones of WTBC, National Organisations within
the Zones, UK organisations,  Disabled Bowling organisations, ...
eg: Personal Website might have ... Bowler's, Pro Bowler's, Leagues, etc.

Can anyone suggest how I should set out tables for this database ?

Here's one suggestion

Table:

URLs:
URL_ID