If it's MYISAM tables, then they're all self contained in folders in
/var/lib/mysql/spreadsheets. Remember that if you do copy the files, to shut
down mysql first or you could copy corrupt files.

If you're using INNODB, then the schema is in that folder, but the actual
data is in the /var/lib/mysql/ib* files. Along with all the other INNODB
databases you may have on the system -- all mashed together. Hence the need
for a mysql dump tool ;-)

Mysql dump is the better way to go in either situation.